The original house dates from circa 1880. In 1925, the original owner relocated the structure onto a new foundation away from Main Street to its present orientation. By 2016 the house was extremely dilapidated and required extensive structural repairs. The damage to the roof and upper floor was irreparable and the structure was stripped to the second-floor framing, retaining the existing mortise and tenon heavy timber framing to the highest degree possible. The 900 sq. ft., high-ceiling walk-out foundation serves as studio space, and the 2,000 sq. ft. upper floors were rebuilt and renovated for living space. The collapsing west porches were replaced with a new steel structure to create balconies with views to the Hudson River.
Photographs: Quinn Chandler